How do online slot gaming machines work?
- Play - Click this button to start the game.
- Bet/Max – Use these two buttons to place a bet. The Max button allows you to place the highest bet available for your game.
- Paylines – You can activate any number of paylines. The more paylines you activate, the bigger your winning chances are
- AutoSpin - Click this button to activate the AutoSpin mode.
- Coins – Use this button to change the coin value.
- Info/Paytable – Click this button to see information on the rules, symbols, bonuses and winning combinations.
- Balance – Shows your balance.
- Win – Shows your winnings after each spin.
- Bet/Line - Shows the bet size per payline.
- Bet Lines - Shows the number of active paylines.
- Bet – Shows the bet size per spin.
- Reels - Winning combinations appear on the reels. There are slots with 3, 5 and more reels.
- Symbols – Symbols form winning combinations. Slots can have regular and special symbols.
- Winning lines - Lines with winning combinations.
The history of slot machines
Today, millions of people around the world are literally addicted to slots. However, there were times when no one knew about such games. Read on to find out how online slots were invented and then conquered the hearts of gamblers worldwide.
In 1891, Sittman and Pitt developed a gaming machine that became the forerunner of modern mobile casino slot play. It featured 5 reels and 50 cards. Why cards? Because the game was based on poker!
The first true video slot was created in 1976 in California by N. Serraccio, R. Green, V. Beckmen, J. Reukes, and L. Black under the supervision of the Fortune coin company located in Las Vegas. As for the first online slot, it appeared in 1994. It was a three-reel slot machine with one pay line and one lever.
Years later, online slots with 5, 20, 25 and more reels and multiple paylines entered the market. Then 3D slots with their beautiful animations were introduced to the public. Players immediately liked 3D slots due to their exciting bonus rounds, generous winning combinations, and entertaining animated videos. Nowadays, you can play slots for fun on any device, whether it’s a PC, laptop, smartphone or tablet. All you need to do is to choose the game you like on our BGAOC website!
How do I start playing slots online?
- You can download free software offered by the casino to your computer or launch the game directly in your browser (flash mode);
- If you want to play for real money, you need to create a casino account by entering the required information;
- Go to the Cashier page and deposit money to your casino account. Many casinos offer amazing bonuses on your first and subsequent deposits. Be sure not to miss these bonuses as they can greatly enhance your player experience;
- Select the online game you want to play;
- Decide on the size of the bet by pressing the appropriate button;
- Select the number of active pay lines;
- To start the game, click the Spin button;
- Be sure to consult the Paytable to see the value of different winning combinations;
- Winnings will be automatically added to your balance. You can later withdraw your earnings to your MasterCard, Visa, PayPal, etc.
Slot types and characteristics
The rotating reels is the main feature that distinguishes slots among other gambling games. The player spins the reels hoping to land as many strrings of winning symbols as possible. There is a head-spinning variety of slots, including classic, fruit, video and 3D slots. Each type has its unique features and bonuses.
Modern slots offer plenty of profitable features, such as Wild and Scatter symbols, Free Spins, multipliers, etc. Let's see what special features can be found in slots.
Classic slots usually have 3 reels and 1 to 5 pay lines. Some of them have only one special feature. A good example of a classic slot is Ultra Hot.
As you might’ve guessed from its name, fruit slots have bright fruit symbols on their reels. The fruit symbols can form juicy winning combinations. One of the most popular fruit slots is Novomatic’s Sizzling Hot.
Slots of this type boast animated winning combinations and bonuses. Video slots are produced by Microgaming, Playtech and other well-known casino software companies.
High-quality slots with 3D graphics and breathtaking visual effects. These games guarantee a fully immersive gaming experience.
Special features in slot games
- Wild symbol. This is a special character that can replace any other symbol on the reels, except for Scatters. In other words, a Wild symbol completes a lucky combination and helps the player win.
- Multipliers. A wild symbol in a winning combination can come with a multiplier and increase your money prize. Your winnings can be doubled, tripled, etc.
- Scatter symbol. When 2, 3, 4, or 5 Scatters appear on the reels, they trigger a bonus game.
- Free spins. Three or more Scatters can trigger free spins.
- Gamble function. This is a bonus game in which you can double your winnings by correctly guessing the hidden card or symbol.
- 243 ways to win. This feature indicates that the slot offers 243 different winning combinations, i.e. there are as many as 243 ways of winning!
Finding a good gaming platform is not easy. There few sites that offer a hand-picked selection high-quality slots from the world’s best manufacturers. When choosing slots, be sure to consider your geographic location. For example, casino software by Novomatic is not available to the US residents. Luckily, on our website you can play slots produced by reputable companies for free. Our games (with very few exceptions) are freely available to players from the US and other countries. Now that you know more about how to play slots, we invite you to take a look at the list of the most popular software manufacturers.
Popular developers of online machines
Betsoft gaming. The company was founded in 1999, and today its portfolio includes over 100 high-quality casino games. This brand is widely known for its 3D slots. BetSoft software stands out through its super-realistic graphics and excellent sounds.
Microgaming. Many professional players around the world trust Microgaming, and justly so. This company offers over 600 online gambling games. Plus, Microgaming is known for its amazing slots with 243 winning combinations.
Novomatic. This company stands behind many iconic slots, such as Book of Ra, Book of Ra 2, Sizzling Hot, Lord of the Ocean, Dolphin’s Pearl and Lucky Lady’s Charm. Novomatic is holding its position as one of the leading casino software developers.
Playtech. One of the oldest companies in the market, Playtech has created such classics as King Kong, Pink Panther, Incredible Hulk, Blade, Iron Man 2, Gladiator, and others. The fans of Marvel Comics should definitely check out the games by Playtech!
Rival is a relatively young company operating since 2005. Over the years, it has released an impressive collection of colorful slots for PC and Mac. By the way, games by Rival are easily available to the US residents!
Cryptologic. There are many well-known companies, and Cryptologic is one of them. Founded in 1995, this company is to be thanked for many amazing games, including slots based on DC comics.
NetEnt offers an exciting collection of video slots, including South Park. Over its 15 years in the market, this software producer has earned the trust of millions of slot fans all over the world. NetEnd remains a strong competitor to other software companies.
PartyGaming is undoubtedly a time-tested platform. Along with state-of-the-art slots, it also offers poker, bingo, roulette, and sports betting. The company stands behind some iconic movie-based slots, e.g. Rambo, Resident Evil, Robin Hood and others.
Play’n GO. The games by this producer are known for their simple gameplay, numerous winning symbols, and generous free spins. If you live in the US, be sure to check out the masterpieces created by this manufacturer.
Wager Gaming Technology has released more than 100 beautiful slots and counting. This software brand is loved by the residents of the UK and the US alike. Many online casinos are happy to offer the games made by this respectable company.